Thread: out of options
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I had the same issue last year on the way to Arizona. I went to an RV repair shop and the first question was the kind of tow vehicle. When I told him Ford, he sent me to the dealer a block away while he checked out the truck. The RV repair guy was empathic to have them road test the brake controller under load and not to just have them read the codes. They checked the RV and found no issues.

The dealer did several tests that resulted in no failures but had some strange "readings". They performed tests on a new truck on the lot and didn't get the same results. They replaced the brake controller and my problem was mostly solved.

I had one failure on the way home, over 1000 mile trip.

Once home, I had my mechanic who just did a brake job before the problem started come out and check the wiring in the axles as well as the problem Bill (Crossthread) described. Both were ok. I called my local Ford dealer and they wanted to see the truck. They could not find an more problems but the suggested using dielectric grease on the 7 pin connector which I have done.

I have had no further issues.

Hope that helps.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote