View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 06:38 AM   #1
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
National Rally Door Prizes, Auctions and More!

Door Prizes, Auctions, & MORE!

As the coordinators for the above events @ the Fall Rally, its that time again for Bev & I (Jim & Bev Schlee, aka 'worknomore') to put out the call for Helpers, Silent Auction & Door prize donations. This is the 'Kick-Off event for the 2022 National Rally. Other event announcements will follow, as the WM's get them organized. We are changing things up a bit this year to make the event more exciting, and also to speed up the event every night. Stay tuned - there may be more events announced...!

If you would like to help at all of the events (good way for folks to meet each other), just post it here on this thread: 6 -8 volunteers is what we're looking for.

As for Door prizes, Silent Auction items, & giveaways, ANYTHING RV-related is appreciated, although we won't turn away other items. The only thing we ask is that your donation is NEW & USEFUL - please no garage sale leftovers or used stuff. The best way to acquire some good items is to hit up the dealers where you've spent your life savings on a new Montana. If they donate (or any other store for that matter), be sure to get some business cards from them that we'll put out by the gifts/donations, & thank them profusely for their donation(s). Post comments on THIS thread if you've got some things to donate so we can keep track as to how things are going.

Finally, the money generated from these events is usually donated to local and/or national charities where it can be put to the best use - charities that spend most of their money on salaries, etc. are not even considered. Those charities chosen by the Grand Poohbah's (Wagon Masters/Assistants) & MOC Admins will be announced sometime during Rally Week.

**REMEMBER**: We only accept CASH for the AUCTION items you win - NO checks or Credit Cards.

So get to work folks & lets fill up those prize tables, & thanks in advance for your contributions...!!!

NOTE: Rather than replying here to each donation (which ARE appreciated), I will probably send you a 'Thank You' PM. By doing that, this thread will be shorter & easier to follow for everyone...

Helpers:
Schlee, Jim & Bev
Johnson, Walt & Joanne
Jones, Amy & George
Arellano, Toni
Saladino, Jane & Joe
Lawson, Peggy

*I think we have enough volunteers now! Thanks folks - I will be posting more info on a group meeting (or send out personal PM's) to discuss times/events where you will be needed*

PLEASE try to be there - we've got a LOT of stuff to give away & very little time to do it - THANKS!

TO ALL HELPERS - We will be holding AUCTIONS (hopefully) @ the following events:
(TBA)

Updates:
9/1
Only about 1 week to the kickoff & the responses are STILL pretty SLOW folks! The auctions are our biggest fund raiser to help pay expenses & for donations to charities. So PLEASE stop in at your dealer, tell them WHO you represent (MOC - they can contact any of the WM's or me to verify)), remind them what you spent there, & ask (politely!) for donations to support the auctions. Don't forget to pick up some business cards to display with their donations. REMEMBER - this is a VOLUNTARY organization & rally that relies on folks like YOU to make it ENJOYABLE & a SUCCESS.

So lets get with the program & we'll see you in September with what you've collected!

7/29 - Here is just a SAMPLING of what the Rally vendors have donated so far:
(2) Yeti coolers - MJ Hardwood
(2) Shark Pet Vacs - Dehco
Weber Traveler Grill - MJ Hardwood
1 Pr 8K Gladiator Axles w/Brakes, Springs, & Installation - Dexter
TV's, TV's, & MORE TV's

& MUCH, MUCH More...!

TO ALL - IF YOU ARE BRINGING DONATIONS, PLEASE BRING THEM WITH YOU TO THE BUILDING WHEN YOU REGISTER ON 9/7 - 9/9. SOMEONE WILL DIRECT YOU WHERE TO PLACE THEM, OR DO IT FOR YOU.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF THE HELPERS - IT WOULD NOT BE SUCCESFUL WITHOUT YOUR HELP & SUPPORT!!!!

PLEASE READ

As the Coordinator for this event, I want to APOLOGIZE to all who took the time to make the wonderful baskets, etc., that were full of goodies for the door prizes and that I had to separate in order to have enough prizes for all the sites. In hind sight I realize I should NOT have done this, as a lot you spent a LOT of time making these gifts. It was decided prior to the rally that ALL sites would get a door prize, but there was just not enough to go around. This will NOT happen in the future - we will probably DRAW site numbers for the door prizes instead.

Again we apologize & look forward to seeing you all next year

Jim & Bev Schlee
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote