View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #17
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
My wife and I are still working, but we are both 100% work-from-home. So, have computer, have internet, will travel. Our work day is from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, M-F. But as we both are salaried, sometimes the day (and nights) can get pretty long.

When our work day is over, we're usually too pooped and brain dead to do much else. We play with the dogs, get a camp fire going, empty the tanks, fix supper and then it's time for bed to start all over again.

No crafting here. At home I have a wood shop in our smaller garage. I've spent 60 (plus) years remodeling houses, restoring houses, fixing church parsonages, repairing roof's on churches, remodeling mobile homes, and building a myriad of craft wood items (I love my scroll saw). But I'm now just burned out from doing all of that. I suppose tackling an old house and the new house at the same time was a bit much about 12 years ago, and I just literally burned out of wanting to do anything except vegetate now.

So, my hobby now is simply that .... vegetating around the camp fire and reading camping forums. But I still have my employment that occupies most of my time. If that's a "hobby", then, i suppose that's what my hobby is then.

We travel a lot now. Haven't been back at the house very much this year. Started out January 1 and came home for 2 weeks end of February and hit the road again in March. Did another couple weeks at home and by middle April we were on the road again. Did a week at home the first week in May and here we are again ... who knows when we'll get back home this time!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote