View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
We have the system and that's very accurate about how to set up one sensor. I would add that, when installing a lot of them, the hard part is keeping track of which code matches which tire. After messing it up a couple of times, I drew a little map of the tires, including the spares, then walked around the rig with a pocketful of sensors (a dozen). At each tire, I pulled out a sensor, recorded its four-character code on the map, then left the sensor by the tire. Then, I sat with the monitor and the map to do all the number entry and setup demonstrated in the video. Then, I walked around with the monitor and screwed the sensors on the stems one by one and watched the monitor find them one by one.
A clue for non-geeks: the number/letter code is called "hex", having sixteen "characters" in the following order: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F. On the monitor, "+" and "-" will move your selection forward and backward in the order.
On another thread, I mentioned that I've had a fantastic service experience with TST.
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote