View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
With regards to my needs I think the best way to answer your inquiry is to say that I want to be able to run anything I want at anytime. That being said I am planning out a version 2.0 of our current deployment. My current system is documented in my signature. I intend to add another 800 watts minimum of solar to a second PV array on a second charge controller. I intend to convert our lithium battery pack to 24 vdc and upgrade my single 3000 watt hybrid inverter to two 5000 watt hybrid inverters.
Lastly, for me the AGS is another tool allowing me to obtain my above stated objective. I have changed the AGS programming to start on low SOC. We would never reach that SOC unless there were significant no sun days. In my calculations I have allotted for this as a reserve capacity if you will.
If we did not have a lithium battery bank I think the AGS would be an integral part of any design I had. The AGS essentially negates the comparably long absorption phase of charging FLA batteries via solar chargers. In addition with a modestly sized PV array like the size you mentioned an alternate charging means is a necessity. The AGS adds a degree of convenience to that level of necessity.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote