Thread: 3740 Comments
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petmoose View Post
I am looking at the 3740 and had several questions to those that have the unit. We have a 2012 3582 and storage looks to be less in the new units with the exception of the rear slide out tray.

- can you get to the bathroom with the slides closed
- can you sit in the kitchen booth with the slides closed
- what are your general comments about the unit good and bad

Thanks
We just took delivery on our 3741 a couple of weeks ago.

I have not tried this, but I don't think that you can get to the bathroom with the slides closed. There is enough room (barely) to walk between the slides when they are closed, but there is not enough room to get around the slide and the TV wall. 6-8" I'm guessing? I could measure that distance for a better idea, if you'd like. It is possible to slide out just the door side slide BUT you have to change a setting outside the unit at the leveling console. Not ideal, but it would allow you to get back there on the road, if you needed to.

I think that it would be possible to sit at the dinette with the slides closed, but you would have to use the pivot/move feature on the table to twist it into a position that you could slide by the slideout. NOTE: It is possible to slide out just ONE of the kitchen slides out to make it easier to get in and out of, or even partially out if needed. This is easily controlled from inside the unit.

Storage:
  • There is a LOT of storage on this unit in the basements. EVERYWHERE, and the rear slide out tray is especially nice. Almost too much storage in the basement, if that's possible. I was actually able to get almost all of our basement storage stuff on the tray, and so almost all of the front and side basements are empty.
  • We would like to see a little more "accessible" storage in the kitchen area, but so far we've been able to fit everything that we need in the kitchen, and still have room left, so I'm not for sure what we would do if there was more room! There is a HUGE cabinet under the microwave, and that's not a great place to store food, because you have to bend down to access it, or anything that's in there. We currently have pots, pans, and tupperware type stuff in there. Might have to consider building slide out shelves there to more easily access the stuff in that cabinet. We do like the pantry by the fridge, but ours currently has an issue that it won't stay closed when it's loaded. So, we can't put anything in there while we are driving, since the cabinet comes open.
  • There is a lot of storage in the bedroom, in both the dresser and the washer/dryer cabinet (we don't have a washer/dryer), and under the bed.
  • There is very little storage in the bathroom, for things like towels. The corner cabinet lends some storage, but only a couple of towels worth. Decent storage with the drawers on the vanity, for smaller stuff. Medicine cabinet has a lot of storage.

• We do like the overall kitchen arrangement with the dinette. We have had 4 adults seated around the dinette comfortably for meals and games. We don't know that we will ever use it as a bed, but we don't have grandkids at the moment, and that bed would be the perfect place for grandkids.
  • So far, we like having a residential fridge, with ice, and all of the storage that it brings. One thing that we didn't take into account was that when the fridge is not very full and you're traveling, things are moving around all over in there. We just have to be better about taking that into account. We have some small trays that we put in there to "capture" stuff and keep it from moving around.
  • Like the fold down stairs. Very sturdy, and easy to adjust.

Dislikes: I don't know that we have any dislikes. I'll list them here, but they are mostly petty. Probalby more annoyances than anything
  • The light switch for the main living room lights is in the master control panel. Would rather have a switch outside the master panel that's easy to get to quickly.
  • Bedroom barn door. We like the bedroom barndoor. What we don't like about it is the poor execution on the system that keeps the door closed. Ours has failed so far, and it messed up the door, so now it has to be fixed. I don't see our dealer coming up with anything that fixes it either. The magnet, while a great idea, just isn't strong enough to hold the door.
  • There are no USB outlets in the units. This is actually a disappointment. For as much as this unit costs, they could afford to put in a couple of USB outlets somewhere. And no, I'm not considering the ones on the theater seats. We have other USB powered things that now consume an outlet space.
  • Wish that the awnings had wind sensors on them. We got the cool light rail and lights, and I suppose that's cool, but I'd trade the lights for wind sensors.
  • Wish that ALL of the buttons in the console were labeled with their function. There are 4 slideout switches but 5 slides, and when storing them, it's nice to do them in a specific order so that you can watch what is happening. This is easily fixed by me, by rearranging the switches in the order that makes sense to me. The order they are in now, makes zero logical sense. Still don't understand why they can't be labeled.
  • Don't like the fold down stairs. This is only an issue when we are storing our unit. We don't think that we are going to be able to access it when it's in storage, because there won't be enough room to fold down the stairs. We haven't tested this yet, though.
  • The rear basement storage is HUGE. However, the front of the space is really hard to access and use to it's full extent. That's because the doors are only about 16" high or so. There also pipes in the middle of that "space", so you have to be careful what you put into that space so that it doesn't slide around and take out the pipes. The flooring in that area is not carpet, so things can slide around in there while traveling.

Hopefully that helps. You can PM me, if you have anymore specific questions.
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote