View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #13
Dixiedawg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9927
Mor/ryde makes slide out trays in various lengths and widths for RVs also. Ours is 36" wide and fits the full length of the basement garage. I never weighed it but I am sure it weighs more than 55 lbs, but like everything else Mor'ryde has it is 1st class and is a little pricey. It extends a full 5' out from either side and has spring loaded latches to keep it in place when traveling. You need to add some 1X6 boards when you install it to raise it so it will clear the lips of the storage compartment. That's good because that additional inch provides ample room for storage underneath the sliding tray for tools, hoses, electrical cords, etc... The convenience of having a sliding tray is a real advantage for accessing anything and everything you have stored, and it is really a back saver too. We found some plastic storage containers at Costco that fit side to side perfectly and allows us to stack them. My biggest concern with a 36" wide storage tray is my ability to access the water pump because there is not a lot of room to remove the convenience center housing cover.
Dixiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote