View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 05:53 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Which breaker tripped? The main 50amp one or the individual A/C one?

I doubt the trip was caused by anything you did. My guess would be that there was a voltage drop during the heat of the day that caused a breaker to trip. This is one reason why some people have an "Autoformer" to maintain the voltage to their rig. The other possibility is a defective breaker. In fact since you say the salesman already popped the breaker once, this may be the more likely answer. The slides do not use AC power directly, but they would cause the battery charger to kick in, and that would add to the AC load. When you add up the amps for the air conditioner, fridge, water heater, and battery charger, you would be getting up there, but should not reach 50 amps. (Could even be the combined effect of low voltage and a weak breaker).

You are probably right about the levelness affecting the shower, ours drains OK if we are level.

It sounds like your microwave is defective. (Donna loves our half time oven - I wouldn't give up on it.) (It seems to me that the microwave won't run if the voltage is too low - maybe there is a pattern developing here, can you check the supply voltage?)

I would get the "something" removed from under the vinyl.

OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote