View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 03:13 PM   #43
NixonFamilyRV
Established Member

M.O.C. #27316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 432bartman View Post
Well the install went really smooth. Used the 6 point jacks to lift the whole rig off the ground, and then suspended the axle with my jack. I did the driver's side first and then the passenger side. Before and after measurements shows a full 2" increase in height. I measured from the ground to the bottom of the fender on both axles. I didn't take any other measurements, cause I was super busy. The kit I used was from Summit Racing, which was a 2" high block and 2" wide (I know the springs are 1 3/4"), but that's what I used. For anybody else wanting to use their kit #BEL-6102, purchase their tie plates too, they will match better than the factory ones, unless you can find the 1 3/4" blocks. Regardless, this is how these trailers should come from the factory. The height is perfect now.
That's fantastic! Curious, now that you've pulled it for a little while with the lift on the trailer, did it change the ride characteristics of the trailer at all? I'm pretty sure I need to do this same thing, now I'm wrestling with whether I should wait till next season. It's getting very cold here in the Colorado Rockies, but I'm hopeful to escape this winter at least once, and go somewhere warmer for a week or two.

Do you have any before & after pictures of the trailer with it hitched up?

Thanks for sharing,
Russ