View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
BDRM slide bottom panel

I was getting the rig out to start cleaning it for this season and everything but one fantastic vent worked fine. I had opened the slides the other day to get it aired out and the next day I shut the slides and got ready to hook it to the truck. I walked around to the service bay and found several broken pieces of black plastic sticking out of the bottom flashing of the bdrm slide. After I moved the rig I and got hooked to my 50 amp service I opened the slides and found the plastic on the bottom of the bdrm slide had shattered in about the middle and I had several pie shaped pieces hanging down and several laying on the ground. I have no idea how it happened and have checked the front compartment ceiling for screws and under the bed and found nothing that could have started it mess. The plastic is held up by the side trim and also contact adhesive. It has been pretty hot here recently but no worse than out in Nevada and New Mexico last year.
I will probably use my heat gun top make the bent pieces lay flat as some have a bend in them. I will try some new contact adhesive and see if I should even try to stick them back in. I fear that they will just rip right back off when I pull the slide back in. The only other option would be to cut all the broken stuff out and wait till I get to Goshen and ask them what to do.. Any ideas out there??

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote