View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #89
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich,

re the door between the master bedroom and master bathroom in our stick built house.

There was one, in fact, there still is one, in our basement! We took it down the first week we lived in the house, and it is still down there. Don't need it.

We have the solid door in the Montana, and have never used it. We do use the one right at the stairs going to the bedroom, but have never used the big one that closes off the bed from the rest of the bathroom.

BUT, we never have guests in the Montana and there is a door between the hall way and the master bedroom in the stick built to provide the privacy we might want when we have guests.

I see it as an issue of lifestyle and what the manufacturers see as "preferred by our customerrs". For you, this is a deal breaker. For me, it was a desk that was NO WHERE near the TV. Every unit I looked at with the desk under the TV I walked away from! I kept looking till we found the 3295. I was in in 30 seconds and knew this was the layout!! We did not pay a lot of attention to the layout of the bedroom, bathroom, etc. Except that I knew I could wiggle out of a wet pair of blue jeans, cause the bathroom area was large enough, it had a large closet, (actually 2 large closets) 6 nice dresser drawers, a big tub and mirrors! My last unit only had the mirrors over the sink, you know us gals, we like to see how this outfit looks before we walk out the door. Specially if you are dressed up for dinner or a party, wedding, or church. All my requirements for the bed/bath area were met, and we loved the kitchen and the DESK!!!

We looked at so many trailers/5ers we lost count in the first year. We looked for 5 years. If this door is a deal breaker for you, you might want to look for another year or so, layouts change so much, and you might find that some manufacturer will come back out with that door.

Don't settle for what won't make you happy! Go find the deal maker! I hear your pain, it was mine until I found the 3295.

I hope you do not find this to sound insulting, as it is not intended that way at all. We want you to be happy with your new unit when you finally purchase it!! We wish you all the best, and anxiously await hearing about your final decision.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote