View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, gee, what can I say? I've been reading the posts on all this newer technology and realize I'm getting left behind. It's making me feel old. There was a time when I was the guy others came to with new technology questions. Now I'm the one doing the asking! Sigh.

Sue, our printer is an HP Photo R300. Probably about the same as the one you have.

I have tentatively solved this problem with a low technology solution. The printer is maybe 5 feet from my chair. Between my chair and the computer desk is a square end table of decent size. My wife likes me to keep things organized so there's a small basket on the table for odds and ends (the rest of the table looks more like it belongs to me). Anyhow, I figured out I can put the end of the printer cable in that basket and it's within reach without exiting the chair. And, it's not even in anyone's way to trip over.

Now if I could just figure out how to turn the printer on and off remotely and retrieve the paper, etc... Darn it, I thought I had a good reason to buy something newer technology. Now I have to start all over.

You'd be proud of me, though. I think it was you, Ron, who posted about creating additional storage space under the oven, etc.? We got the new doors for those areas and I got them installed today. Really looks nice! I opened the area under the bottom desk drawer, too, as well as under the oven. So now that I've accomplished that I deserve a new toy...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote