View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #51
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
UPDATE: Here's whats happening to us just now. Turns out our furnace is a Dometic remote and an Atwood furnace. Talked to our dealer, they told us to go to another dealer, not a Montana dealer in Dothan, AL about 16 miles from us. I said if we have to pack it up, might as well go another 50 miles back to the dealer. Kinda felt like we were getting the run around...or to be fair, maybe they were trying to save us a trip that far.
Then I called Montana and yes I was nice. I told them about the problems, the not working when below 40 degrees outside, the bench failure of the unit, the fixing of said unit, the not working of the unit, the two trips to the dealer and now the grinding noise and no heat at all. They were very nice, but Montana (Keystone) sent me to the ATWOOD furnace customer service.
Atwood asked me if I was ordering parts and I said "No, I just want my furnace fixed." They gave me the name of a RV and Marine Dealer in Dothan. I asked if they could replace my furnace under warranty to Keystone and the gentleman said, "Well, they are an authorized dealer..." Back to square one.
Called Montana back and they sent me back to our dealer, but they were very nice about it.
Called our dealer and tried to schedule an appointment to come in...got the "oh, yeah we have heard about this problem, you have talked to us before..." and now they have to call me back tomorrow to schedule an appointment.
Gosh I can't wait.
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote