Thread: Back up camera
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 09:02 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Your camper is pre-wired, probably, for the Furrion system. Here's a link to the web site: click here, so you can see what you need.

However, do NOT be alarmed at the prices listed on that site. Everything shown there can be purchased somewhere else for much less. (Amazon or even your local RV dealership).

My Montana came with the "prep". I installed the 7 inch observation system (back-up rear camera only) initially. A year later, for Christmas, my son purchased the side cameras for me.

As far as the quality of the image on the screen ... well, it's NOT a television or a computer monitor. And sunlight can really make it hard to see. But I've never had a problem with it. It's never lost its signal, and I use for rear observation when driving, and almost never pay attention to it when backing into a campsite.

Mine is 4 years old now and still works good. The only thing I don't like is, if I flip on all views (rear and sides), the sides stay active for only about 20 seconds or so, and then they shut off. All 3 cameras do not stay active all the time. I wish they did, but they don't. In order to get all three active, the screen has to be tapped 3 times in a row. When you need to see the side view immediately, well ... in my opinion, they are not very helpful fast enough.

If I ever do it again, I'll keep the rear camera and skip the side ones. For the price of them, they are not worth it (as far as Furrion is concerned).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote