View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #81
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I competed the job on my kitchen slide a couple weeks ago. It was more difficult than the dining slide because of the way they operate.

As the dining slide starts to retract, it immediately raises up over a full length wear bar. Bevel the UHMW strips and there is no problem with them staying under the slide.

The kitchen slide does not raise up as it retracts. I had to slightly (1/8") pick up the slide and put the strip under it. I put a 1" 90 degree bend on the end of the strip that is inside and fastened it to the inside of the slide. It is then covered with the trim. Without this end fastening to the inside, the strip will tear off. In other words, the slide is sitting on the UHMW strip at all times; retracted and extended. The dining slide does not; it ramps up onto the UHMW strip as it comes in.

In hind sight, I wish I had done the dining slide the same as I did the kitchen slide, but those UHMW strip have been on there for over a year; no problems.

Let me know if anyone wants photos or a clearer explanation.

I don't know much about UHMW, so how do you get a 90 degree bend in it? I was thinking like you that if I slide it inside before attaching outside, the leading edge may flex down and catch on the carpet or linoleum. Thanks.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote