View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Welcome to the Moc forum and personaly (I'm bias) I think you are looking at an excellent coach. We have a late 06 3400rl and we are just weekenders and vacationiers. Based upon the preceeding statement we still have the original Mission tires but based on numerous post of people are having problems with them, I would suggest you try to swing a deal with the dealer for another brand. As previous poster suggested the forum here has an excellent PDI list to print off and utilize. There are a lot of mod's people have done and the forum has a list of those, but these are not deal breakers. Things like adding a strap to further protect the spare tire, check the plastic electric carrage strap under the slides (these tend to break at piviot point) unless Keystone has changed this with later models. Also on my particular year I have had to add an additional 50 resetable breaker to the slide motor as it would pop and you would have to wait a few seconds before proceeding to operate the slides. But once again later Montana's may not have that problem. I must say I have had very few issues other than having to have they slides adjusted when it was new. I just don't think you can go wrong on this model. Good luck and come back here often to keep us informed or ask some of these "full timers" what they have experienced.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote