View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #12
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Thank you all for your kind words and advice! This forum is an absolutely wonderful source of information with a positive community atmosphere. Though I have pulled travel trailers since I was 16, the entire 5er experience is so new as are the slide rooms so it is nice to know they are behaving normally with their “pauses”—a definite relief! I feel good about the camper, but I also want to feel good about its condition.

As to the small problems, I did notice the numbers on the amber lens when I arrived home and they did not match with the one my wife found; at least we know what to look for now. I might just pull out the Camping World magazine and check it out. We did receive an owner’s manual with the unit, but I must confess that it reads rather generically, lacking specific details and diagrams, so I am a bit disappointed there, but I will check further about the cleaning of the outside rubber molding. And, yes, isn’t the South and mildew just great? Nothing like being in Georgia in the summer! Still, it looks like whatever way I go on cleaning this, it is going to be labor intensive with plenty of old fashioned “elbow grease.” No miracle black streak cleaner solution.

Yes, Marsha and I are excited, with a little healthy trepidation thrown in for good measure!

Kalamity, that is great news that you might be able to hold onto your unit! I hope everything works well for both of you not only in that area, but your husband’s health as well.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote