View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Beginning Boondocker needs help

Our plan going to the rally will most likely require boondocking at a flying J and my sisters driveway. We haven't boondocked since our popup camper days (hand pump for water). Never even tried the battery or water pump on our TT. My plan is to stop at the RV lane at the Flying J, put some water in the tank, use the propane to heat water for a shower and only slide out the bedroom. Assuming its still hot out we will have to use the fantastic fan and a 12v fan in the bedroom for cooling (we have the second AC installed). We just have the one 12v battery.
Here's how little I know: How much water goes thru a garden hose per minute on average? I don't want to haul more water the rest of the trip than I need to.
Do you put the landing gear down just to boondock for the night? I'm assuming if you don't the rig will rock on the hitch when a heavy weight like me goes to the bathroom.
Do you leave the rig plugged into the truck or unplug it?
What else should I know I haven't even thought of yet?
Thanks for all your help!!!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote