View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #9
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
There is absolutely no way I would trust the stock hitch to carry anything more than a couple of bikes.

I have a custom generator/storage box in my truck and put a transfer switch in the front compartment in my RV, if I want to I can plug it in and run it while traveling although I have not felt the need to do that so far. I have a Honda 3000i generator and carry a 120V compressor in the tool box that can be powered by the generator.

We occasionally have power outages at our S&B and I have rewired my furnace to plug into an outlet rather than hard wired. I can then plug into the generator and maintain heat in the home. If you have heat and water you can live with a candle or other source of lighting. This was a factor in deciding whether to have a built in generator in the RV or one that can be used for many purposes. Also a lot cheaper than a Onan to purchase and to operate. And by the way I reworked the exhaust on the generator so it can be run without taking it out of the box and does not overheat as long as the lid and door are open.

Lots of choices out there for generators just do your research and decide what best suits your all around needs.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote