View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I take several "precautions" while I'm on the road and camping and feel they are sufficient. I'm big on personal safety and situational awareness. I've never had a problem in campsites. Many, many good people frequent those places. I believe my Monty is at greatest risk in the storage lot. I am fortunate to live within 1 mile of where it is stored and the lot has security cameras, coded access and concertina topped 10 ft high fencing. I also make it a habit to frequently visit my Monty at varying times of day/evening. I also changed all my access doors where there was a CH751 lock to a barrel lock. It makes it a "little" more secure.
Of course nothing is foolproof. I do like the suggested Marine security system that was discussed on this forum and will be looking into it further.
I had over $1000 worth of tools stolen from my front yard this past summer and I can tell you that I felt violated and angry. Having things stolen from you that you worked so hard to get leaves you with a sense of vulnerability. I have taken that feeling and turned it into a personal commitment to reduce the possibility of it happening again. Thanks to all who have offered their tips for increasing Monty security!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote