View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
tomNtrisha
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14022
CW Nashville Service Dept

New policy for CW Nashville Service Dept - they break it--customer pays for it. On 7/8/14 had warranty issue on black tank valve; got it repaired under warranty-tech messed up gasket and it started leaking the 19th. Took it back to CW on the 25th to get leak fixed. Tech used toilet to fill tank & broke the foot pedal & the water valve came apart and water went everywhere. I received a call from service dept and they told me what had happened & that it would take several days to get the part to fix it. We full-time so I really couldn't wait that long with no toilet. They said they could put another toilet in so I decided to upgrade from Thetford to Dometic. I offered to pay the difference for the upgrade. They installed a white one instead of bone colored because their only bone colored one was display model & they couldn't let me have it. They filed a warranty claim on the broken one on 7/28 & called me the 29th, telling me the claim was denied. I called Keystone & was told CW was given the authorization for parts & 1 hr labor to fix the toilet. When I confronted CW with this they told me I owed for the toilet & labor & totally ignored what Keystone had told me. CW was going to charge me for the toilet & labor. I told CW if I was going to have to pay full cost of toilet, I wanted the bone color & not the white one. Bear in mind, the only reason we needed a new toilet was because they broke it! On the 29th it was suddenly okay to sell me the display bone model that I couldn't have on the 25th. So I had to paid full price for the bone colored one, brought it home & installed it myself and took the white one back. I spoke with the general manager who told me they weren't going to follow up on the warranty claim. That's how we came to pay for CW's breakage.
tomNtrisha is offline   Reply With Quote