Thread: NE in the fall
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckCass View Post
With the coronavirus, we didn’t take our planned trip to New England this fall. We’re hoping to do so in 2021. How soon do we need to make reservations? We planning to go to Maine, NH, VT, MA, CT and RI as our plan is to eventually hit all 50 states. Any campground suggestions? Thanks.
As far a suggestions of CG's. It depends on how far you want to travel and time frame. Maine is a large NE state. Upper NY is similar to Vermont. If you start there. Then I would suggest Lake Champaign area on the Vermont side.
The weird thing about New England is there are zero Interstates which traverse east to west. It is all state routes. More scenic yes. However, travel times increase with traffic and stop lights. Vermont has beautiful scenery. I haven't camped in VT in years. Probably because I live in NH and they are so similar with the exemption of taxation. Ben and jerry's and Build a bear are popular toristy areas. Then on to the the Basin of Mount Washington in NH. Beautiful and scenic. Follow along back to the Atlantic and visit Portsmouth NH Strawberry bank, and visit the city, followed by a trip to Portland, Kittery and Wells Maine for some of the best seafood in the entire USA. Head up to the coast and See Arcida National park with some great campgrounds on the Ocean.
If you are real adventurous Head to Moose head lake. Near the Caniadian Border. Don't forget about East Port, The most eastern Contentinal body in the USA.

Lots to do, Lots to see, Not just leaf peeping.
Just looked up your profile. OH, I've never camped there. Been to a few MOC rallies in IND. Just stopped at ceder point and it was closed for Halloween renovations. Sad. Bottom of lake Erie.
Got to see the Base ball Stadium Rigly field though, driving by.