Thread: Fish tail
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #34
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214skier View Post
Tow vehicle is a 2018 F350 platinum. E rated tires with 5k wear. Computer monitored for tire pressure +\- 1 ~ 2 PSI. Running with firestone airbags with 30 lbs filled. Trailer 3” higher in front than back.

This layout with rear bedroom and two exterior storage behind axle has to be pin light.

The modified suspension and upgraded tires good suggestions.
We have a 3731FL, similar floorplan at least front to back though maybe a bit heavier, and similar tv. We have never had any sway or fishtail though I have felt movement in strong gusty cross winds. My experience with bumper pulls is any fishtailing is nearly always not enough pin weight. Our f/w tank is in the rear and even with it full have not had a problem. Unless you are loading the rear storage with bricks you should have enough pin weight. I'm thinking you being 3" high in front is the issue. We don't have air bags and our rig runs level. Unless your truck is modified and is very high you should be able to get it level w/o sacrificing bed clearance. I'd also start with a trip to the scales then you will know just what your pin weight is.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote