Thread: Maxxis tires
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I just got an estimate at Discount Tire Centers (the purple and white stores) for some Maxxis M8008 tires with the correct ratings and size for my Montana (10 ply ST235/80R-16 LRE, 3,400 lb rating for my 6,000 lb axles) when I replace my aged-out Marathons this month. Less than $151 installed (includes balancing) each or $753.87 (if you want to do the math for five tires, which includes the spare). My BIL will be putting those on his Everest. They stock these tires and can have them at their store (going to Hemet, CA) in a day. I didn't check on the Sailuns since these Maxxis meet my needs and wallet. Now I hope for as recent date codes as possible - I will remind the tire store manager to check this.

With their reputation, I hope I don't have to concern myself about their availability if something happens on the road which should be rare and I don't plan to slack off taking care of these any less than I babied my Marathons and they did well, and I'm hoping the Maxxis will be less stressful.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote