View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
For clarification, I do not doubt that the manufacturer's voluntarily adhere to the main principles of a "recommendation" that most likely ends up with the RVIA approval seal. I cannot speak for Canada. I do not believe there is an enforceable code in the US with regards to RV construction. Typically code enforcement in the US is accomplished on a local level during the time of construction or modification, (i.e. building inspector's, etc.). Since an RV is by nature mobile, I do not believe there is a local authority to enforce code if indeed such a "Code" exists. I still do not believe it does, but will change my opinion if someone can produce a link to any code that applied to RV construction. Code is law, and as far as I know, there is none in the states. As a caveat, this is only based on my opinion, and per my original post on this thread, I am open to being educated further regarding this. What makes me uncomfortable is the representation of codified standards when none can be produced.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote