View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #51
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
It is important to check your hitch every time you are away from your truck when traveling. My hitch is the same as Sambam has pictured above. I also have a padlock for the release figured that will prevent any shenanigans. But one time I looked into my bed and saw a small pin laying. Here it was the locking pin that goes to that giant pin that holds the hitch head on. Now the locking pin for that is the type that has a large round ring that folds over to actually lock the locking pin in place. I highly doubt that pin could come out with out some outside help. I found it just in time cause the giant pin had worked its way back to where it was barely hanging on. Now I check all my pins when I come back to the truck. Oh I also almost did a boo boo too. Once when unhooking I got in a hurry and didn't chock the wheels. Luckily I had already lowered my front jacks down and they were resting on a couple of lego blocks, I thought the site was level but oh'contrar, soon as I released the lock she rolled back and dropped off the lego blocks just barely high enough not to damage any sheet metal, but that woulda happened even if I had a Blue Ox or what ever..
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote