Thread: water damage
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 10:54 AM   #4
rjmonta
Established Member

M.O.C. #31191
The water was clean - not from the black tank. During the attempted repair we tried several times inducing water to the black tank and the little water that did come out had a very nasty smell and we haven't been using the toilet for a month. No odor from the water that was released. There were several rain storms the previous couple of weeks with one day almost 2" - at first i was thinking it was leak some where but rain was one of the variables. A water line leak is also a possibility. There was a ton of water - good news is the belly "pan" didn't leak water! I drilled a few small holes in the pan and water drain out for a very long time - so a lot of water from somewhere. Unfortunately i didn't see the issue until i had the black and grey tanks flushed for the winter. Water lines blown out with air compressor and the cover placed over the RV. So no telling when the water was introduced. I was just guessing rain
I am thinking for now I need to go back down, remove the "belly pan" see how much i can dry out the RV and then put the pan back on - random thought - I was playing with the by pass values for the water heater and to by pass the water tank for my first winterization. I think the water was still hooked up but I can't remember now - any thoughts on how these by pass values could have introduced the water?
rjmonta is offline   Reply With Quote