View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 06:48 PM   #56
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermanden View Post
OK, just so you know it can happen to anyone! :-) We had to use our 30 amp to 50 amp dog bone for the first time a month ago or so, and I did not have either air conditioner on because it was in the morning, and was cold, BUT, I did have on the fireplace, refer, water heater, and a small portable heater we have near our bedroom, and then without thinking, because we have been to around 50 parks so far, I turned on the microwave to heat the water for the dogs food, and then pushed the go button on the Kuerig coffee maker, and the microwave, stopped! I thought I blew out the GFI breaker, because it can go out for no reason sometimes. What threw me, is we have never dry camped, and the lights were still on. So we had switched to batteries without me knowing it. So I started to search around, and saw the breaker at the RV camp post had tripped. Duh! So now I don't use the microwave or coffee maker if either the fireplace or small electric heater is on. I did not think about the refer and water heater? How much propane do these two use on a daily basis?
We all learned our 30 amp limits just as you did. The propane used depends on how much hot water you make and how many times you open and close the refrig. I guess the short answer is "Not much". If you are on 30amp service switching them to gas is just a good way to save some draw.