View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #113
WOXOF

M.O.C. #23616
I'm a "newbie" and don't yet have an RV or a Truck. I've been doing tons of research and attended multiple RV shows in the past year. By reading the multiple threads on the forum and absorbing some of the "lessons learned" posted by current RV owners, is like money in the bank for me, as our window for purchasing both will be at the end of this year.

Our personal preference is limiting the length of a rig to less than 36 feet. The amenities of the 3120 model meets my better half's requirements and that's our #1 choice.

As for the truck, test drives and more homework is in store before we choose the manufacturer; it will be diesel powered. Dhardy's post on this thread struck a cord with me, as have other posts about the SRW vs. DRW debate. My initial thought was going the SRW route. But, in view we live on the "Left coast" and will be doing a lot of travel to visit family living on the "Right coast," I've concluded that a DRW crew-cab is the best choice for us. As for the parking lots and narrow drive-through's in some locales, we'll be okay with parking a little further away from the front door and getting a little exercise in the process.

We're looking forward to hitting the road and exploring this great nation! Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion!
WOXOF is offline   Reply With Quote