View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
I fully understand about low bids and them being a primary factor in causing issues....I work for the US Government. However, as with any contract, if the company purchasing the product doesn't hold the contractor responsible for providing the product to the standard and specifications of the contract that they agreed to then it is the purchasing companies issue. And if Keystone is not 1. assuring product quality from their vendors, and/or 2. if Keystone is purchasing a sub-quality product the responsibility is still Keystone's.
Example: US Navy spends Multi-Millions of dollars overhauling a submarine. The contractor completes the project and the Navy (Shipyard workers) has to re-work many of the systems in order for the sailors to go back to sea safely. Many times we either require the contractor to complete the work as outlined in the contract, or do the re-work ourself if the contractor is unable to meet the contract requirements. I think it was said by a few here on this forum before...if I have a problem with my Ford truck's engine I do not call the engine manufacture, I call Ford. Keystone needs to ensure their product is safe and reliable. JMHO
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote