View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 08:20 AM   #26
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eZAK View Post
Thanks for all your replies!
To clear up any confusion; We do have two Coleman units. Having two A/C units is new to us so bear with me.
After setting the rig up in a new spot, What is the procedure for cooling it down as quick as possible?
Assuming I'll need both units cranked up and 50A at the pedestal, OR can I get away with a wye? (50 > 30 & 20)

Is the duct work connected between both units or only to the rear unit?

I'll also assume that the BTU's are the same for both and that they'll draw the same amperage, correct?

And before anyone says "go check your rig" The HC is back at the dealer for some minor problems.

We do pretty much the same as has been described; open it up, turn on both ACs and vents on/open for a short period of time. I will say that we do not "cool down" in 15 minutes or even 30 minutes. It cools off from 120 or so but not cozy cool. Our last trailer was about the same length but not a 5th wheel and cooled down quicker. I attribute that to the additional interior height. If we arrive late somewhere (which I try to never do) we do have the dump feature in the bedroom which DW loves.

If like mine you have a 15k main AC and 13.5 bedroom. They do not draw the same amperage. I do not use a 50/30/20 Y. I only stay in 50A sites. The exception would be in winter when I do not need the ACs. Trying to run both ACs on a 30A wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Too much load and potential for damaging the AC units - sort of like trying to run one off a 15A home circuit.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote