Thread: Dead batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #14
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
I've said and typed this many times before. If your unable, for any reason, to do basic maintenance and repairs on your camper; You're in for a long, frustrating, and expensive time with RV ownership.

If your not able to do these things yourself, you better have deep pockets with lots of patience and time to kill. Your dealer will love you though.
That is a bit condescending. I used to do nearly all my work, beginning in 1976. Now I don't think my pockets are that deep, never frustrated and never waste time at dealerships. My last 4 have been purchased at the same dealer. The sales manager, parts guys, service manager, and 2 writers know me when I walk in. My 5er has not been left over night in a decade or more, simply tell them the warranty problem, send pictures and bring it in and wait/watch the work being done. I get along great with my mobile tech. He can schedule weeks to months in advance for my work. If there is a timely problem he will be there within 24 hours. Paratrooper knees keep me off the roof and crawling around. In my younger days several owners would have a weekend where we worked together on each others campers and took care of all the maintenance with never a labor charge. Hope you give up the lifestyle before your age or health requirs others to work on your 5er or you are going to be miserable.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote