View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #12
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I got a phone call yesterday from our CG owner about 2 hours after we had left our Montana. The maintenance guy while mowing found that we had a broken window. Amazingly, they said it could NOT possibly have been a rock kicked up by that high powered, high speed bladed mower. I can't argue that point since we weren't there but have a very special term starting with the word "Bull".

My wife walked around the camper once and I did it twice to check for open windows, turn off the water and check hatch locks It is covered by insurance so it wont hurt too much besides the inconvenience

Now, the point of this thread - has anyone found an on-line source for replacement glass only. Many, including Trekwood will sell complete windows but in a so far cursory look, haven't found a glass source yet. I'll be checking the local glass companys as well, but chance of finding the right color may be slim. If it ends up that I need to replace the entire window, Hehr, in their wisdom, has put the part number on the inside of the frame - grrrr

Another project is looming, whichever way I go
The park is being foolish by not installing the mulching plate to stop the possibility of throwing rocks at windows, pets, children, adults. Our owner made that mistake and took out their house sliding glass door. I installed the
mulch plate for him when I heard rocks bouncing off the side of my RV.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote