View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 06:53 PM   #19
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosnowman View Post
So as I have gotten older, the wifey and I have decided to buy a small Class A. I currently have a 2018 3721RL Montana which is absolutely beautiful! I did some research and JD Powers has it at $76k high retail and $64k low retail. I realize I will not get retail on a trade in. I was expecting under retail.

So, the dealer and I have agreed on the price of the coach of which I am satisfied. Here’s the kicker…they got back to me with an offer of $35 k for my Montana!!!! You read that right. Now I was expecting a lower figure, but that is simply ridiculous. I was expecting best case $55-57k but realistically would take possibly as low as $50k based on make the transaction simple. The unit is in excellent condition and never traveled with. Am I realistic thinking this is an absurd offer?

Thoughts?
$57K is about the right price for the trade. HOWEVER, given they are trying to rip you off on the trade value there is a very good chance they did the same on the new unit. As a rule of thumb, expect a new rig to go for about 62% of MSRP. I watched prices on the internet for 2 years to determine that new units of Montana were selling for as much as 38% off.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote