Thread: Cancelled Trip
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #10
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
...how many miles were on your tv and did they come up with why it may happen...
3931fb az
Truck had just over 50,000 miles. Yea, it was definately a surprise. At first, I thought maybe the DEF ran empty and the truck when into limp mode (in the mountains in Tennessee on an interstate). I was able to limp it as close as I could to the next exit when it just stopped completely. I was able to coast off the edge of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3820FK View Post
I didn't know it was safe to tow the trailer while still attached to the truck 5th wheel hitch like that? The angle looks like it would have a lot of stress on the pin.
Well, I was surprised also when the tow truck driver said we could do it. I questioned HIS truck if it had enough "umph" to tow both. It did just fine. We rode in his cab.

About the hitch? I was concerned about that too. My hitch is a standard, no frills Recon. The head pivots all around and it did just fine. I was more concerned about the over-hang of the camper making contact with the bed rails at such an angle. It never made contact.

Yep, our plans were greatly altered on that trip ... Florence Marina State Park will just have to wait for another day.

For Gubs:

Hang in there. Every thing WILL work out and you'll have another opportunity. Keep the "RV faith" and maybe someday, we'll meet on the road somewhere!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote