View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 10:00 AM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Mystery? What's your thoughts?

First, I never hook water up to the water hydrant and leave the water on, even if we are on a site that has full hook-up. I always fill my fresh water tank and use my on board water pump. I've been doing it this way for 20 years, and not changing. Beside, we camp at to many places that do not have water on site.

With that said, I use a 35 gallon water tank and a water transfer pump to pump water into the trailer fresh water tank. Also, I use a Barker Blue Tote to haul away waste as we camp a lot on sites that do not have a sewer connection on site. But, if we are on a full hook up site, I will connect to the sewer. (no need for the tote then).

OK, that's the background.

Now the mystery.

Every since I've owned this Montana, when first filling the fresh water tank, the water pump makes excessive noise. It really hammers. After a while, it gets quiet again and we can barely hear it. It really is very quiet.

Now, not moving the camper at all, still on the same site, I need to fill the tank again. Either with available water on site, or using my 35 gallon transfer tank, it doesn't matter .... after filling the fresh water tank on the camper, the water pump hammers again. It will eventually quiet down until it's really quiet again. Fill up, and it's noisy for a while. Run a few gallons over the next day, quiet again. Trailer never moves.

Anyone have any clue why it get's so noisy after filling?

I don't mind the noise, never did, but I do enjoy the pump a lot more when it's in "quiet mode" and not "noisy mode."
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote