View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 10:55 AM   #70
Alan & Jan
Established Member

M.O.C. #25833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Jeannette View Post
I read this and your following post and wonder as a new owner why you did not just call a refrigerator repair man? I full time and if my refrigerator went dead that’s what I would do, am I wrong?

You later post that you are mad at Gander/Camping World and at Keystone for a defective Samsung product. I understand being upset but I’m betting the way it works is that Keystone pays Gander a fixed amount and Samsung pays Keystone a fixed amount and all the way around it is a pain and an expense for everyone, in other words I’m sure nobody wants this to happen especially you.
When the fridge failed, our 2020 model was 8 months old and still in its first year warranty for everything. We called Keystone for instructions then called the closest dealer per their instructions. That dealer told us it would be 2 months before they had room for us to bring it to their lot and another 2-4 weeks before they could look at it OR, we could/should call Samsung directly because thats what they would do once it was my turn at their shop. All said and done without rehashing the details, had we gone through that dealer, we would have a fridge and RV back sometime in October 4-6 weeks from now. I took the initative to get it done faster and asked Gander as the selling dealer to help with reimbursement from Keystone. After all my efforts and getting the work completed, they both have been very slow reimbursing and yes, the payment process is as you stated above with me as the final "dealer". Thats why Im frustrated with those 2 parties.

Having owned a service industry contracting business for the last 37 years, I have a very good understanding of all sides of this type of situation and know companies can respond faster if they choose to. Had I operated like this, I would not have had a business after a few months much less 37 years.
Alan & Jan is offline   Reply With Quote