View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 11:43 AM   #47
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
A few thoughts about some of the discussions;

I have the TST 507 system. It was the older model with the black/white? screen that I had for years and was near impossible to see in the daylight. Received my new color monitor day before yesterday and went out yesterday evening to set it up. I just left the sensors on the tires although it said to remove them and it worked fine. I tried turning it so the sun was shining into it and seemed much brighter. I'll get it in my truck and see what it looks like but seems to be much better than the older one.

I mounted my repeater in the front compartment right above the batteries and just connect/disconnect when we travel. Has worked flawlessly. Previously my right rear tire would drop out about once each travel day.

To 55 Bel Aire's question of adding sensors to the truck, IMO opinion I would. The little yellow low tire alert is OK but really non informative to me. It could be down 2 lbs. or flat - and which one you don't know. My previous trucks had actual pressures for each tire and a little warning light comes on if one is low. With the individual pressures I know which one and how much. Adding the TST system with the color monitor will be great but for added safety and comfort I would just get the 4 additional sensors when equipping the trailer.

I've had really good luck with these guys:

https://www.technorv.com/tst-cap-sys...to-12-sensors/

The additional sensors are a little spendy but they should last a long time. Proration over several years makes it very worthwhile IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote