View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:39 AM   #65
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We half time (aka snowbird) in ours w/res refer. Have completed three seasons and not a problem. in our previous rig w/rv fridge I would have to defrost it twice each winter. You could never fill it up completely as you need air flow or it all warms up, we can pack the resi right full and it all stays cold. And the ice maker is soo much better than those tiny ice cube trays. We don't boondock so that's a non issue and our hybrid battery the dealer gave us has no problem while we travel.
When we bought our 5er I got a lifetime warranty mainly for the slides and refer. If the fridge goes out our dealer will just replace it without issue. He has done the microwave twice so far.
I think the bottom line is: if you boondock by all means you should go with an rv fridge, if you don't you have the choice of which ever you prefer.
As for brand, I have had many salesmen badmouth different brands and it's always the one they don't sell. I have several Samsung products from cell phone to fridge and none has been a problem. Our s&b appliances have had only one issue in 15 years and that was the compressor in our Amana fridge which is suppose to be the best make out there.

In the end we would not go back to an rv fridge, but again that is a matter of taste.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote