View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
I have found the leak source. It was behind the convenience panel cover inside the garage. Panel is not all that easy to remove but fortunately had watched the dealer remove the panel when we had our first leaks. The second T in from the panel toward the center of the Rv was the culprit. The hose that goes toward the rear had poopped off the friction fitting. The screw type hose clamp apparently hadn't been tightened adequately. Put the hose back on tightened the clamp as much as I dared, turned water back on, WALA, no more leaks. With the hose diconnected had a 3/8" to 1/2" pipe dumping water all through the RV. Fortunately my wife heard it at 2:00 AM or it could have run all night. Fortunately it is warm and sunny here today in Apache Junction, AZ so things should dry out fairly rapidly.

I called Montana Service this morning and they were going to get the dealer in contact with me. That was 3 hours ago and still haven't heard back from anyone. All they really wanted to inform me about is they wouldn't pay for warrantly work on site. Not very helpful at all. Somehow they need to get the message about improving their manufacturing techniques and quality. I hope they are reading this.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote