Thread: Anderson Hitch
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #32
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
I agree with most of it Dave, we have no idea the story behind the Anderson hitch failing... I tried to look it up and didn't find anything useful just a lot of speculation. From an accident, to not being properly installed, to the emergency break away being activated, to much pin weight, being overloaded, nothing concrete as to why..

I also agree I don't give a rats a$$ about what people decide to use, all we can do is arm them with information, it is up to the individual to use what he or she is comfortable with, from there they will then have their own experiences to share with us.

I own the Anderson not the one in the pictures mine is the black version, I like it for the simple fact im a Disabled Veteran and lifting 100lbs is not a viable option for me. I DONT like the way it is secured with just a twist of the handle to secure it to the ball, every time I stop I check that point of the connection. other then that I do like it. I too am amazed at how this thing actually can hold and tow up to 20k, given the fact that Anderson stands behind it with 5 million warranty (supposedly) can give someone comfort. could less be more...? who knows time will tell.... good luck on your choice, there is a lot of information on both sides, the truth for you will lye somewhere in the middle with your comfort level.