View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 02:32 AM   #15
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We have chosen to keep two cell phones on the Cingular family plan and a 3rd cell on the same plan for my elderly parents. We have the rollover minutes plan Rich & Helen mentioned. My phone is the primary one and the one we use as a contact number. We have found coverage everywhere we have been. The small cost of the additional phone is minor compared to the peace of mind. Agree it probably saves us more than the cost in fuel when one of us is out running errands and the other thinks of something they need back at home (wherever that may be in our Montana). With my sister also on cingular gives us a non cost way to be in constant check of parents with no charge against our minutes. With the 3 phones on our plan we have never used all the minutes allowed per month and have accumulated rollover minutes. We pay no roaming and no long distance. Cost is just $59 per month. We use the cells for all long distance and have discontinued long distance service on the land phone at our vacation home. We find this method much more economical for us. We also feel the cell phones are an asset for safety and health reason. No way would we ever give up that second phone.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote