View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

I replaced ours a couple years ago. A basic DVD player will not drive the multiple speakers. It must be a home theater type DVD system with the 5.1 or 7.1 speaker output connections. It sounds like you bought just a basic DVD player.
I bought a Panasonic Blu-ray DVD home theater system at Best Buy since we already had a number of Blu-ray DVDs. They had numerous choices of manufacturers and models. But the one I bought the system and the speakers were the nearest in size to the original. Even so, I still had to modify the cabinet slightly to get the slightly larger speakers in the original cutouts. I could not find a home theater system that did not include new speakers. To avoid speaker mismatch I am sure.
The new speakers sound much better that the old ones.
Some of the speaker wiring you can tell which is which by the color coding on the wires. But some you cannot. The battery method sounds simple enough. But I used an ohm meter and a long piece of wire and ohmed out the wiring to find out which wire went to which speaker.
Thanks for your suggestions. Sounds like you did a lot of work. We did just get a basic Sony DVD player.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote