View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Hookman. I have a 2006 that provides support for a 2nd A/C, and the thermostat even uses the terms zone 1 or 2 to select, since I only have one unit it doesn't do anything. But I am not sure how it would be ducted. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think Jsnips operating description is what I would prefer but he has an '09, so that it boosts the existing unit if needed, thereby limiting hot spots or cold spots and creates an even temp throughout.

I think what I will see on my rig is what Texas Firefighter is describing from his '07. That the 2nd unit is installed and blows only into the bedroom. In my '06, the ducting registers seems to go by the bedroom unit not toward it. I don't think I like that option because the LR A/C cannot cool the dining/kitchen mid areas by itself on a hot day, as what I experienced recently. While it will be nice that the bedroom can be kept chilly, we don't use the bedroom but at night when it starts cooling off anyway.

I am gonna have to check the ceiling by the 2nd A/C to see if I can tap into the existing ducting. Then to find an A/C to fit. Cha-ching!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote