View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think the Everest is a good rig but, like everything else, the best rig for you depends on how you plan to use it and how long you plan to keep it. I've asked three different Keystone executives on three different occasions exactly what the difference is between Everest and Montana. In all three cases I was told they have essentially equal bottom line budgets but spend them in different ways. The Everest spends more on "eye candy." Not that eye candy is bad. It is very appealing to see the nice wood, hardware, etc. The Montana spends a bigger percentage on construction quality, including the attic vents to vent moisture. Check the Montana and Everest websites for construction information. Montana shows the attic vents. Everest neither shows attic vents nor mentions them at all. Take a close look in every nook and cranny and you'll see the construction differences. Look at the hardware and interior appointments and you'll see Everest is nicer in that respect. So you have to decide for yourself which is more important to you. Either way, if you pick the one that works best for you I don't think you'll be making a mistake.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote