Thread: SoftStartRV
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #17
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Great details from first hand experience, thanks!

A couple of thoughts:
-the Super Solar flex package does include new more efficient 15k AC units, not merely soft starts. Running draw is 9 amps typical with 11 amps full load. Apparently this was a key design element when the package was put together. Perhaps this is a start of RV AC unit improvements? Hopefully?

-as an alternative, have you considered this - https://www.costco.com/forestair-10%...100655013.html
Note; not something I'm familiar with and I'm not sure if it's efficient enough, but saw it recommended on another forum and wondering if anyone has experience with it here. Seems almost a hybrid between a window unit and mini split?

HtH,

Brad
I had not seen that portable mini split unit. Thanks for sharing.

Some thoughts on it: It's efficiency rating is 7.75. that's pretty low. Most standard window units are between 10-12 SEER. They are exempt from regulated SEER standards. Home AC units are required to have minimum SEER ratings of 13-14 (varies by state codes). For next summer, I will be purchasing a mini split and testing it out. The one I am looking at has a SEER rating of 22 which is common for mini splits.

I could not find information on the unit you posted about power consumption. I did read in the manual that it's operating rage is 44-95°. For my purpose, that would eliminate it from my consideration.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote