View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Congratz on the new Ford. As for the dually, the SRW's just wouldn't work for our needs (pin weight). The SRW will not handle the pin weight of our 5th wheel. The extended warrant is nothing more than you betting you will have problems with the Ford. If its a in house warranty it might be alright, however some of the other warranty's just aren't worth the money. Did you ever wonder why the big 3 sells those warrantys??? (MONEY)

As you know you want be using drive thru banks, carwashes etc. However you don't have to worry about pin weight. The braking system is much better and handling is better.

You want have a problem with driving the Dually, remember if the Ford is like the GM's if the mirrors clear the fenders will also.

The DRW Truck is a good choice. You want have a issue with driving. I also recomend a Trailer Saver Air ride hitch, I have owned three of them and really don't want my 5er riding on a steel hitch. The Trailer Saver does as its name says. You may know about some who have had frame issues, I do believe that the Trailer Saver does in fact save the Frames. Good Luck. Happy Trails...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote