View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:17 AM   #37
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
If the concept also used Mini Split A/C units the roof line could be extended all the way to 13'6" to add a little more headroom or basement height (I don't think folks buying this to bring their toys are all that worried about ceiling height in living area it is all about how big can the toys be). For me the high ceiling in the kitchen area is just a waste of space that would serve much better in a storage area under my feet (keeping in mind I am 6'2".

Got this information on their website, but the interior height is 84" from front to back. It is also 101" wide, which may help somewhat with the travel trailer tunnel effect mentioned earlier. I don't know if this is a mini-split, per se, but it must be the same type of concept, as the A/C is in the basement. There are no units on the top, so the height is indeed 13'6" all the way to the top. The only thing really sticking up on the roof is the vent for the kitchen (I believe).

As has been said already, I have never seen anything like this, but that doesn't necessarily make it a new concept, as it may have been tried before.

At the end of the day, there a lot of things about this design that could lead to other GREAT ideas, and some of those are simple, like the mini-split concept. That is definitely something that is long overdue in 5'ers. I don't know if it's for us either, but I do like the thinking, and hope that it spurs more innovation in the industry...