View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #24
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
If the concept also used Mini Split A/C units the roof line could be extended all the way to 13'6" to add a little more headroom or basement height (I don't think folks buying this to bring their toys are all that worried about ceiling height in living area it is all about how big can the toys be). For me the high ceiling in the kitchen area is just a waste of space that would serve much better in a storage area under my feet (keeping in mind I am 6'2").

Also if they used a wide body and Independent Suspension then the basement could be lowered to add additional garage space for toys. On the Montana 381TH you can already fit a golf cart in the garage. Wouldn't take much to get it to the point where a standard side by side would fit (a trail model will but not a standard).

One other thing that most folks are missing here, having a single level in the living area is great for handicapped folks. I'm not but can see where this floorplan fixes a very big issue for people that can't go up and down stairs. Just add a wheel chair lift at the entry stairs and once inside there is no problem with interior stairs!! And for that matter, even healthy folks don't like to be constantly going up and down stairs between rooms!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote