Thread: 2011 F350 Ford
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
spyle791
Established Member

M.O.C. #10278
I have the '09 F-450, crew cab, full bed, DRW, 4.3 rear, tow, plow, off-road packages. It does have the 24K tow capacity mentioned earlier and is 8700 lbs. empty. About the only option I don't have is the electric cab heater for the first 10 minutes on a winter morning. I pull a 3750FL (12K empty) with absolutely no problems. My only regret was getting talked into the 4.3 rear by an RV buddy. I was looking at 18K lb trailers at the time before I stumbled upon the Tana with the entertainment room. The consequence is a truck that gets 10 MPG empty downhill with a tail wind. Towing is 8.5 to 9.5 depending on how big a rush I'm in. I actually think this is more economical in the 65 mph zone, but I haven't done enough testing yet with a Scangage I'm still trying to get dialed in correctly. I think the 3.73 rear would still give plenty of tow capacity for and of the Montana's and improve fuel effeciency by 3 or 4 mpg.
On the safety side, I've been through a couple of heavy storms, and some interstate at 70mpg and don't even notice the trailer behind. 18 wheelers aren't an issue either - no noticable sway at all.
It's very comfortable. The only issue with the cab is our '03 Dodge 2500 had much more effective use of storage under and behind the rear seat. I haven't looked to see if the '11 has improved.
spyle791 is offline   Reply With Quote